Hydraulic Weld-On Thumb 24"x58"
- In Stock
Introducing the HT2458 Hydraulic Weld-On Thumb by Gentec – built tough for large contractors. This 24" wide and 58" long thumb is designed for machines between 40,000lbs and 54,000lbs, and weighs 779lbs. Constructed with four 1 1/2" thick AR400 Steel Tines in a ladder frame layout and reinforced with gussets, our HT2458 thumb is designed for increased strength and long-lasting durability. The double-sealed welded cylinder further enhances reliability, and spherical bushings at the top of the cylinder protect it from side loading. The cylinder comes with a hydraulic cushion at the top of the stroke to protect it during retraction and has both hydraulic ports located at the top so your hydraulic hoses are safe and out of the way. Additionally, both cylinder pins and the thumb main pin are greaseable for easy maintenance. The main pin and main bushings are hardened for added durability.
Experience superior geometry with the HT2458. The thumb boasts a maximum extension angle of 113 degrees. Designed to minimize stowed dimensions, when fully retracted, the tines only extend 22" away from the edge of the excavator stick – meaning it won't get in your way when digging. The backplate measures 78 5/8”, and the hydraulic cylinder is included. The port size on the cylinder is larger to allow for faster cycling.
Maximize your investment
Invest in the HT2458 to maximize the capabilities of your excavator and get the job done faster and more efficiently. With 35 years of experience and a strong commitment to our company values, Gentec has become a trusted choice for more than 50,000 satisfied clients. As a family-owned business, we take pride in our products and prioritize your satisfaction. Choose the HT2458 Hydraulic Weld-On Thumb for a lasting investment that will make a difference in your projects for years to come.
- 24” wide, 58” long hydraulic thumb
- Ideal for machines between 40,000lbs and 54,000lbs
- Four 1 1/2” thick AR400 Steel Tines assembled in a ladder frame layout and with gussets
- Double-sealed welded cylinder with spherical bushings for increased reliability
- Both cylinder ports located at top of cylinder to prevent hose damage
- Hydraulic cushion at the top of the stroke for cylinder protection
- Greaseable pins and hardened main pin and main bushings for easy maintenance
- 113-degree maximum extension angle
- Minimized stowed dimensions for optimal digging performance
- 78 5/8” backplate
- Hydraulic cylinder included with larger port size for faster cycling
- 1-year warranty
- Replacement parts available
|Tine Thickness||1 1/2"|
|Tine Material||Hardox 400|
|Main Pin Diameter||2 3/4"|
|Max. Extension Angle||113 Degrees|
|Min. Operating Weight||40,000lbs|
|Max. Operating Weight||54,000lbs|
|Excavator Weight Class||40,000lbs to 54,000lbs|